Sunday, March 25, 2007

Diamonds Are For Everyone

I don’t own any diamond jewellery. I don’t know much about diamonds. Except that they are pretty. And expensive. I have a confession – I’m happy with the cubic zirconia version. So how expensive are they? What would you do with a diamond so expensive you would literally be wearing a house? Are they really that expensive?

I did a Google search on diamonds and the top rated site is called Diamond.com They sell - you guessed it - diamonds, diamonds and even more diamonds. And, wow, I can see what all the fuss is about!


This engagement ring here is just divine (and have discreetly placed a picture of it in my boyfriends wallet for him to find…hint, hint).


And this one is all yours for a cool 60 grand. They also sell loose diamonds. Some as cheap as $100. Bargain! Don’t forget plus $50 for a microscope to see than damned thing. Prices go up to – are you sitting down? $225,000. Anyone ready to sell their house? Why would anyone want a rock that expensive? Because that’s all it is, a rock. Would you really wear it? I’d be too paranoid I was going to get kidnapped for it! Or worse, people might think it’s a fake that I picked up at some market stall somewhere. I know, I’ll hide it in my tooth. That’s all the rage now – no one will find it there.

Visit diamond.com – they have even been on Dr Phil. Some of their celebrity clientele include Andie McDowell, Blu Cantrall, Mekhi Phifer and Mimi Rogers. They ship worldwide, do payment plans, have a lot of education material and most importantly they try to ensure they don’t sell conflict diamonds (aka blood diamonds – hello Leonardo!). Check them out and daydream about buying a diamond as expensive as your house. Or indulge yourself in something that you actually can afford!

No comments: